Amlogic S905X Highlights
- 2GHz 64-bit quad core ARM® Cortex™ A53 CPU
- 750MHz+ Penta core ARM Mali™-450 GPU processor
- HW UHD H.265/VP9 60fps 10-bit video decoder & low latency 1080p H.264 60fps encoder
- HDR10 and HLG HDR video processing
- TrustZone based security for DRM video streaming
- WIFI, BT, USB, SD, Ethernet, Analog Audio and TS peripheral ports
- Power management auxiliary processor
S905X is an advanced application processor designed for OTT/IP Set Top Box(STB) and high-end media box applications. It integrates a powerful CPU/GPU subsystem, a secured 4K video CODEC engine and a best-in-class HDR image processing pipeline with all major peripherals to form the ultimate low power multimedia AP.
The main system CPU is a quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU with L1 instruction/data cache for each core and a large unified L2 cache to improve system performance. In addition, the Cortex-A53 CPU includes the NEON SIMD co-processor to improve software media processing capability. The quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU can be overdriven to 2GHz and has a wide bus connecting to the memory sub-system.
The graphic subsystem consists of two graphic engines and a flexible video/graphic output pipeline. The five core ARM Mali-450 GPU including dual geometry processors (GP) and triple pixel processors (PP).The multi-core GPU processor handles all OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and OpenVG graphics programs, while the 2.5D graphics processor handles additional scaling, alpha, rotation and color space conversion operations. Together, the CPU and GPU handle all operating system, networking, user-interface and gaming related tasks. The video output pipeline includes advanced HDR10 and HLG HDR processing, REC709/BT2020 processing, motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing, flexible programmable scalar, and many picture enhancement filters before passing the enhanced image to the video output ports.
Amlogic Video Engine (AVE-10) offloads the Cortex-A53 CPUs from all video CODEC processing. It includes dedicated hardware video decoder and encoder. AVE-10 is capable of decoding 4Kx2K resolution video at 60fps with complete Trusted Video Path (TVP) for secure applications and supports full formats including MVC, MPEG-1/2/4, VC-1/WMV, AVS, AVS+, RealVideo, MJPEG streams, H.264, H265-10, VP9-10 and also JPEG pictures with no size limitation. The independent encoder is able to encode in JPEG or H.264 up to 1080p at 60fps.
S905X integrates all standard audio/video input/output interfaces including a HDMI2.0a transmitter with 3D, HDR, CEC and HDCP 2.2 support, stereo audio DAC, a CVBS output, PCM, I2S and SPDIF digital audio input/output interfaces, and a stereo PDM digital MIC inputs.
The processor has rich advanced network and peripheral interfaces, including a 10/100M Ethernet MAC with FE PHY interface, dual USB 2.0 high-speed ports (one OTG and one HOST) and multiple SDIO/SD card controllers, UART, I2C, high-speed SPI and PWMs.
Standard development environment utilizing GNU/GCC Android tool chain is supported. Please contact your AMLOGIC sales representative for more information.
Amlogic S905X Specifications with highlights in bold:
- CPU Sub-system – Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 1.5GHz (DVFS) with Neon and Crypto extensions
- 3D Graphics Processing Unit – Penta-core ARM Mali-450 GPU up to 750MHz+ (DVFS) with two geometry/vertex processors, three pixel processors supporting OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and OpenVG 1.1.
- 2.5D Graphics Processor – Fast bitblt engine with dual inputs and single output, programmable raster operations (ROP) and polyphase scaling filter, etc..
- Crypto Engine – AES/AES-XTS block cipher with 128/192/256 bits keys, DES/TDES block cipher, Hardware crypto key-ladder operation and DVB-CSA for transport stream encryption, built-in hardware True Random Number Generator (TRNG), CRC and SHA-1/SHA-2/HMAC SHA engine
- Video/Picture CODEC
- Amlogic Video Engine (AVE-10) with dedicated hardware decoders and encoders
- Supports multiple “secured” video decoding sessions and simultaneous decoding and encoding
- Video/Picture Decoding
- VP9-10 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- H.265 HEVC MP-10@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
- H.264 AVC HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p @60fps
- MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
- WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
- AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
- MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
- MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
- RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
- WebM up to VGA
- MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
- Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
- Video/Picture Encoding
- Independent JPEG and H.264 encoder with configurable performance/bit-rate
- JPEG image encoding
- H.264 video encoding up to 1080P@60fps with low latency
- Video Post-Processing Engine – HDR10 processing, REC709/BT2020 processing, motion adaptive 3D noise reduction filter, advanced motion adaptive edge enhancing de-interlacing engine, 3:2 pull-down support, deblocking fliters, etc..
- Video Output
- Built-in HDMI 2.0a transmitter including both controller and PHY with 3D, CEC, HDR and HDCP 2.2, 4Kx2K@60 max resolution output
- CVBS 480i/576i standard definition output
- Camera Interface – 2x ITU 601/656 parallel video input with down-scalar, supports camera input as YUV422, RGB565,16bit RGB or JPEG
- Audio Decoder and Input/Output
- Supports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
- I2S audio interface supporting 8-channel (7.1) input and output
- Built-in serial digital audio SPDIF/IEC958 output and PCM input/output
- Built-in dual-channel audio DAC with amplifier
- Dual-channel digital microphone PDM input
- Supports concurrent dual audio stereo channel output with combination of I2S+PCM
- Memory and Storage Interface
- 16/32-bit SDRAM memory interface running up to DDR2133 (Product brief) or DDR2400 (comparison table)
- Supports up to 2GB DDR3/4, DDR3L, LPDDR2, LPDDR3 with dual ranks
- Supports SLC/MLC/TLC NAND Flash with 60-bit ECC
- SDSC/SDHC/SDXC card and SDIO interface with 1-bit and 4-bit data bus width supporting up to UHS-I SDR104
- eMMC and MMC card interface with 1/4/8-bit data bus width fully supporting spec version 5.0 HS400
- Supports serial 1, 2 or 4-bit NOR Flash via SPI interface
- Built-in 4k bits One-Time-Programming memory for key storage (That must be where DRM / HDCP keys are programmed)
- Integrated IEEE 802.3 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet MAC controller with RGMII interface
- Integrated 10/100M PHY interface
- Supports Energy Efficiency Ethernet (EEE) mode
- Digital Television Interface
- Transport stream (TS) input interface with built-in demux processor for connecting to external digital TV tuner/demodulator and one output TS interface
- Built-in PWM, I2C and SPI interfaces to control tuner and demodulator
- Integrated CI+ port and ISO 7816 smart card controller
- Integrated I/O Controllers and Interfaces
- 2x USB 2.0 high-speed USB I/O, one USB Host and one USB OTG
- Multiple UART, I2C and SPI interface with slave select
- Multiple PWMs
- Programmable IR remote input/output controllers
- Built-in 10bit SAR ADC with 2 input channels
- General Purpose IOs with built-in pull up and pull down
- System, Peripherals and Misc. Interfaces
- Integrated general purpose timers, counters, DMA controllers
- 24 MHz crystal input
- Embedded debug interface using ICE/JTAG
- Power Management
- Multiple external power domains controlled by PMIC, and internal ones controlled by software
- Multiple sleep modes for CPU, system, DRAM, etc.
- Multiple internal PLLs for DVFS operation
- Multi-voltage I/O design for 1.8V and 3.3V
- Power management auxiliary processor in a dedicated always-on (AO) power domain that can communicate with an external PMIC
- Trustzone based Trusted Execution Environment (TEE)
- Secured boot, encrypted OTP, encrypted DRAM with memory integrity checker, hardware key ladder and internal control buses and storage
- Protected memory regions and electric fence data partition
- Hardware based Trusted Video Path (TVP) , video watermarking and secured contents (requires SecureOS software)
- Secured IO and secured clock
Click for more: Amlogic S905X Processor Specifications