Rockchip RK3229 has a good performance as details below:
Rockchip RK3229 specifications:
- CPU- Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 @ 1.5 GHz
- GPU – ARM Mali-400MP2
- Memory I/F – DDR3-1866/LPDDR3-1333
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 1.4/2.2 + CVBS
- Video Codec – 4K2K 10-bit H.265 @ 60 fps (Up to 200 Mbps), 4K 10-bit H.264 @ 30 fps (Up to 250 Mbps) and 4K 8-bit VP9 @ 30 fps (Up to 200 Mbps)
- Video Encoder – 1080p H.264 and VP8
- Ethernet – 100Mbps (PHY)
- Audio Codec – Yes
- DRM – Widewine Level 1, PlayReady, Verimatrix
To be simple, we conclude it in a chart:
Amlogic S905X is hot at the moment, and it is said to be released in a few weeks.
S905X is a cost effective model based on S905, the greatest spotlight is that S905X supports VP9 decoding while S905 not.
(Both of them support H.265, Click to see H.265 vs VP9, which one is better for 4K video)
Another one is the price. As a newer model, S905X has better performance, however, the price is same or a little lower.
Check more differences between the 2 models:
Click to see more:
Click to know more about details about the hot models with popular Amlogic CPUs.